Tuesday 11 September 2012

Pair 13 - Kai-Mei

This is pair 9/15 in the Sock Innovations sub project.

I completed these quickly as I was able to knit them during the day as I've been immobile following knee surgery.

It was an easy pattern to follow, mainly a simple but boring K3 P3 rib for the leg then a small lacy panel that creeps across the foot which was more interesting to knit. 
I also learned a new technique of a backwards loop cast on when I had to create stitches, this is a good technique for when I'm next doing earflap baby hats.

I chose a semi solid Laughing Yaffle Yarn I had in my stash.  The colourway is called Midnight owl and was lovely to knit with.  I couldn't knit the socks at night as the yarn is rather dark though.

It made a change to have a simpler pattern as my concentration was lacking in the immediate aftermath of my surgery.

Next pair will be either Bex or Milo, both of which are more complex and challenging.

Started August 28 2012
Finished September 10 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment