Friday 10 January 2014

Pair 25 - Embers


This pair was knitted as part of the Knitting Army project organed by Easy kints- Jon Dunn-Balham.
The yarn and pattern was provided by Easyknits and I was also able to select an extra skein for my help:-) The finished socks and shawls knitted by volunteers will be photographed for a book he is publishing in 2014.

I chose a Lemon coloured one in the Twinkle range.

The yarn used was one of the Deeply Wicked range and was a pumpkin/orange colour which was a lovely vibrant shade.

The yarn wasn't so much of a pleasure to knit with. It kept splitting and untwisting which made knitting the socks less fun than other pairs.  I can only presume I had a rogue skein as I've had other yarns from this supplier and they have been lovely to knit with.

The pattern was relatively easy and straightforward to follow, consisting of 2 charts to follow simultaneously, but they had a shared number of rounds.

I was nervous knitting these and the socks were frogged several times in places if I felt they looked less than perfect.

They did use a lot of yarn and I was left with less than 2 metres at the end.

That said they did look fabulous at the end and I can't wait to see them in print:-)

Started 31 July 2013
Finished September 14 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment