Monday 28 May 2012

Pair 10 - Herringbone Rib

I've been in a prolific knitting period recently, not sure why.  Having a knee injury which restricts my running to 3 tiny 5 mile runs a week instead of at least one run being of 10+ miles may be a factor, there's certainly no increase in available time, maybe a small amount since my courses finished in April.

The patterns knitted recently have been rather quick growing or easy to remember like this one.

Several false starts with the lovely Odyssey yarn from Flamboyance. The colour is called Dazzle Ships and it certainly does!

I tried and failed with another Socktopus pattern - De Stijil which would have looed cool, but it was a mess, even after following the pattern to the letter.  So the yarn was rewound and I tried Cookie A's Hedera with it.  The pattern worked, but it was getting lost in the myriad of colour, so it was turned back into a ball of wool.  I finally found this pattern and it worked perfectly, complementing the yarn and being an easy pattern of 2 rows to remember.

So I am now 10% of the way to my target of 100 socks.  It's quite a milestone and a lot of socks already. 

I do like sock knitting, it's quick, portable and I like the organic nature of the yarns and never quite knowing how it's going to end up.

These socks have 2 different stripe patterns, from a single continuous skein which is weird, but also rather interesting.

Of course being more productive with knitting socks means I make space in my yarn bag for some more.......

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog when doing a search for knitting 100 pairs of socks. I too am doing this although I'm repeating some patterns and some of my socks are plain stockinette. My blog is http://www.onlysocks.blogspot.com
    I've just finished my 75th pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog:-) You are the first comment I have received!

      I've not long started my quest, but I love knitting socks.

      I will be repeatign some patterns- Owlies for one. I will have to steal some of yours if that's ok. I paticularly like the Pumpkin Patch one and the Watermelon yarn is so cool:-)

      Delete