Saturday 5 May 2012

Pair 8 - Sunshine



Today I finished the next pair from Sock Innovations.
This pair was knitted for my mother as I haven't knitted her a pair of socks for ages.  She was given free rein to rummage through both of my stash sacks and could choose whatever yarn took her fancy.  She settled on a yarn I've had for yonks, one me and LMG (Little Miss Girlie) dyed a couple of summers ago (at least) using Kool Aid.

We had great fun dying yarn, filling old Fruit Shoot bottles with the different colours and just going wild to create a funky colour mix.  With this one though, we did stick to one colour, but it is clear that we had some areas that took more dye than others. 

The effect reminds me of a cherry ice cream I saw once on holiday  and really suited the pattern selected.

This time the pattern really shows up well against the yarn, I am strangely drawn to the loud and colourful yarns, which often lose the patterns I want to knit. 

I did enjoy knitting these, although since I started them, with a brief pause to knit a couple of baby coats, it hasn't stopped raining, so hoping the weather will pick up now they are finished.

I am looking for a pattern called Persistent Rain (or similar) in the hope it is sunny picnic weather when I knit them.

Had enough spare yarn to knit a hexipuff for my Beekeepers quilt and a square to add to the pile that will become another sock yarn throw.

No comments:

Post a Comment