Sunday 8 April 2012

The beginning

My friend Shirley bought me the Sock Innovations Book for my Birthday in 2011.
Loving every pattern in the book, I set out to knit all 15 patterns and complete the book.
I didn't set a time limit, I like to knit for relaxation and fun and don't want any pressures of deadlines.

After a while and on completing pair 5 in April 2012 I thought about using using up the scraps of left over, so have started a side project of hexipuffs to make a Beekeepers's quilt, this in turn gave me the idea of making a blanket with 100 squares, each one representing a pair of socks I have knitted. It also uses up a bit more of the leftover yarn!

So it began, I'm documenting every pair of the 100 and one day it will be completed.
There will be stories behind some of the socks, others will just be the pattern I knitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment