Sunday 8 April 2012

Pair 3 - Glynis

By the 3rd pair, I had discovered Laughing Yaffle Yarn and the project was shifted slightly to try and use as many of her lovely yarns as I could.

This pair was the first pair I knitted using a yarn called Chloe's Meadow.  It was lovely and soft to work with and started a new buying habit which quickly spiralled out of control!

The only drawback with the yarn is I have to remember to handwash or at least use the handwash woollens cycle on the washing machine and NEVER to tumble dry them.  These socks have shrunk and felted a bit, but with my sock blockers I can stretch them so they are wearable again.

This pattern was a tricky one, I had several false starts and discovered the handy trick of the lifeline from Ravelry.  It basically consists of threading a piece of contrasting yarn through all the stitches at significant intervals of a patttern, e.g every pattern repeat.  If you do go wrong and need to rip it back you can safely take the knitting off the needles, pull it back to the lifeline where the stitches are safely held, ready to start again.

Start Date: 14 July 2011
Completed 28 August 2011

 

No comments:

Post a Comment