Sunday 8 April 2012

Pair 5 - Fetch Sockathon 1



On the Fetch Everyone running community website, a thread was set up for those runners/cyclists/athletes who also liked to knit and do crafts.  The thread quickly became a vibrant one and we came up withthe idea between us of doing a Knit-A-Long (KAL) as sock knitting was favoured and gave scope for beginners, we called it sockathon and had 2 months to knit the same pattern in the yarns of our choosing.

The pattern was an old faithful one of mine, well suited ot self patterning yarn- a K2 P2 rib pattern, that requires little thought and was ideal for the group.

My pair were knitted in Laughing Yaffle Festival Yarn.  This yarn striped in a pretty spiral, with a bit of pooling around the heel and gusset decreases.

This pair became my travelling knitting as the pattern was simple, and I took it every week to my NEBOSH certificate course, which I was attending on a day release basis. 
In a course that was predominately male, I caused much amusement as I sat knitting in the lunch break. 

Start Date: 1 January 2012
Completed 17 February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment